Sunday, August 22, 2010

Goodbye America!

Two months have passed and its time to move on with my seven month journey. My stayin sweet home Alabama with my beloved mom, brother and sister has come to an end and even though over the years I have learned to part with them it still remains an unpleasant event. Just before we went up to the airport we took some family pictures and they turned out great! Im very happy we made these.

13:30 [GMT 5:00]
After saying goodbye I got on the plane which took me to Atlanta. The flight to Atlanta is a short one hour flight with a great view on the country side of the states. It sets my mind off of things and is a good preparation for the longer flights ahead of me.

15:40 [GMT 4:00]
After a pleasant flight it was time to wait for a total of 8 hours, before I could continue with my flight to the Netherlands. So what do you on an airport for 8 hours? I usually start killing time by just walking, try and avoid using the metro/train which takes you from terminal to terminal and use your legs just to get some movement. Another good reason for walking is the limited space Ill have once Im on the airplane and with plenty of time on my side there was no reason to rush. After walking around for 40 minutes, it was time to get some food. Enough places where I could eat, took the easy way out and went to the Food Court, grabbed a McChicken and a Dr. Pepper. Fortunate for me free Wifi was available around the food court, downside, none of the connections seemed to work. Thiswas quite a pinch since I still had a little less than 7 hours to burn. Luckily a friendly employee who was walking by was so nice to pass me a password to a secured fast connection. With my laptop connected to the internet and the power cable plugged in time was flying. Starbucks Coffee in between kept me up and going and before I knew it my flight was announced. 23:50

[GMT 4:00]
The long wait was finally over, it was time to board. Next stop Amsterdam!

0 reacties:

Post a Comment