Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dutch Visit

This week three of our professors from the INHolland university made a two day visit to NPU. We knew that our supervisor/aerodynamic professor would attempt to visit us during the internship, but we were surprised that the dean and our mechanics professor/my mentor joined him.
On the first day we didn't see them and again I was struck down by some stomach problems. I think it was food poison. On the second day we were invited to join a meeting with our professors and our supervisor from China. We discussed the progress, our thoughts, the goods, the bads and things that can improve. After the meeting we thought we would join our professors for lunch, but this was not the case. Both our professors and us were surprised. Chinese planning I guess. So after a handshake we said goodbye and went out for lunch.

A few minutes later I got a call from our aerodynamics professor saying that he invites us to dinner, because he wasn't too happy with us just seeing each other for a meeting. Without hearing about our "other" experiences. Of course we accepted and met them in the evening. We went out to eat hotpot.

I had a great conversation with the dean. Talked about the development going on in China and it's possibilities. At the end of our conversation he said that if I want to do my 4th year internship in China that he might have a place at Siemens in Beijing. I'll certainly keep it in mind!

0 reacties:

Post a Comment